Friday, December 15, 2006

Tis the season...

for White Elephant parties. I have two of them to go to this year and now believe that I am incapable of getting funny gifts for them. Last year was the traumatizing experience that led me to this belief. David and I went to his staff party and thought we had the funniest gifts, but little did we know, we didn't. Our first mistake was thinking it would be funny to put our gifts in birthday wrap, that obviously crashed and burned. And secondly, when did gnomes become not funny? Or a ninja suit for an old lady? I give up. It seems like going with a dancing hamster is the safe way to go...lame!

3 comments:

Dave Brower said...

or a goblet...i hear those are in his season

Dave Brower said...

Apparently, I was wrong with my last comment. While goblets are a hot commodity the real gift of the season has to involve some sort of singing reindeer. Who knew?

Sarah Hamilton said...

I received a box of wine at my white elephant party this year. that was pretty awesome... just an idea for future years :)